Advertisement

1966 Ford Galaxie 500 convertible restoration part 67 replacing u joints installing pig

1966 Ford Galaxie 500 convertible restoration part 67 replacing u joints installing pig I installed new u-joints in the driveshaft. One bearing cap was stuck on both joints. I even hammered on them, later in the day. They don't come off. That made a quick easy job, a pain. Thats just the way it goes.... Installed the carrier and the driveshaft. I filled the cooling system, because I cracked one of the water jugs, so I poured it into the radiator. Not wanting just water in the cooling system, I just added the antifreeze and water until it came out the upper heater outlet, then installed the hose, and topped off the radiator. I will need to check it once it's warmed up.

Tomorrow I hope to replace the axle bearings and install them, and maybe the brakes too. Still need to run the rear lines, and will try to get that done tomorrow also.

Hoping to install the exhaust system in the next few days, then overhaul the carburetor. It should then be ready to start for the first time in 44 years.

If you like my video, hit the like button.

If you like my channel, please subscribe, and thank you for watching.

autolite,motorcraft,fomoco,352 4V,u-joint,driveshaft,propellershaft,prop,drum brakes,axle,ford nine inch,ltd,fairlane,xl,ss,rt,rs,undercarriage,dual exhaust,floorpans,cruiseomatic,ford fe,mustang,289,390,7 liter,jay leno,moog,new springs,nos shocks,show car,

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar