Advertisement

170 BURPEES & some positive affirmations. EACH burpee gets me closer to MY QUEST FOR 1 MILLION BURPS

170 BURPEES & some positive affirmations. EACH burpee gets me closer to MY QUEST FOR 1 MILLION BURPS My name is Garrett Jonsson, & I’m on a quest for 1 MILLION burpees performed & documented before my 40th birthday. To achieve this goal, I must strive for optimal health, therefore, I am my own optimal health mentor. To be honest, one million burpees isn’t about one million burpees, it’s about the health I’ll receive from performing them. To me, optimal health is about harmonizing the six aspects of health: mental, emotional, social, spiritual, physical, and financial. My goal is optimal health because moments of bliss are not free- I want to live a long life hiking, cycling, adventuring, road tripping, playing, learning, and growing with my family.

To give you a little more context as to who I am, I’m 33 years young, and of course I’ve had my ups and downs (the times where I show discipline and the times when I lack discipline), but that's life. I acknowledge that I'm SO fortunate, I come from a privileged position.

My partner is Arial Larsen (who is also on a quest for 1 M burpees), she’s an amazing person. We have three kids together, & two dogs. We love adventure, road trips, challenges, trying new things, traveling, simple family time, learning, deliberately disrupting, deliberately creating, etc.

I’m an endurance athlete enthusiast, but in a unique way. I’ve done some cool events in my life, I have three goals in each event that I do: enjoy the journey, learn, and finish . I’ve finished a full marathon, a full IRONMAN, the WASATCH 100 mile individual trail run, I’ve finished 30 marathons in 30 days wearing handcuffs, I’ve crossed the country on a self-supported tour on my bicycle dragging chains. Oh, & I’ve finished a marathon barefoot, handcuffed, in chains, and silenced. Like I mentioned, I’m currently on a quest for 1 MILLION burpees performed and documented before my 40th birthday. My goal is no different with this endurance event, I want to enjoy the journey, learn, & finish.

WHAT:
I’m going to perform and document 1 million burpees, one burpee at a time. I’m documenting every single rep on YouTube with a running total on my
Twitter: @GarrettJonsson

WHY:
THIS ENDURANCE EVENT IS A METAPHOR OF SORTS, I BELEIVE THAT EACH ONE OF US HAVE AT LEAST 1 MILLION REASONS TO LIVE VULNERABLY. To live vulnerably, one must deliberately disrupt the destructive patterns that lead to decay, through awareness, alignment, & action; & deliberately create patterns that lead to growth, through awareness, alignment, & action.

ARE YOU SCARED OF VULNERABILITY? IN MY OPINION, A FEAR OF VULNERABILITY FOLLOWS A FEAR TO LIVE AT ALL. EACH BURPEE REPRESENTS THE EFFORT AND WORK REQUIRED TO LIVE VULNERABLY through deliberately disruption and deliberate creation. Once again, each of us have at least 1 MILLION REASONS to LIVVUL (LIVe VULnerably).

I invite you to subscribe and follow me on this journey to 1 MILLION BURPEES.

MY TYPICAL WARMUP:


WARNING:
CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE ANY EXERCISE.

BURPS

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar